The Student News Site of The King's Academy

Roar

• March 29Where can you get a copy of Roar Magazine? Try either office or the library!

• March 29Come See Les Miserables March 31-April 1 and April 7-8!

• March 29Roar Magazine Issue 1 has launched! Pick up a copy today!

Senior Prefects Leave Their Mark

MAC

MAC

Kelsey Mearman, Assistant Editor

The Prefect Council, a group of senior students inspired to serve their school in the areas of academics, athletics, fine arts, service, student and spiritual life, have proclaimed a dare: to be a Daniel.

Their desire to serve our student body and to keep it up and running is part of their dare, and because of it God is using them to spread the light of Christ throughout The King’s Academy, leaving a new legacy behind as the Class of 2017.

“It’s a high honor and a privilege to be a prefect and to serve this wonderful school and the students,” Spiritual Life Prefect Mason Boudreaux said. He hopes to impact the students spiritually so that every student hears the gospel before he leaves The King’s Academy. That’s a high expectation, however, with God anything is possible and any small, good deed can go a long way.

In the month of September alone, little blue and green notes appeared on student lockers throughout the halls. Spiritual Life Prefect Victoria Kalloo came up with this idea. She knew that placing sweet messages and inspiring Bible verses on the lockers of students would brighten up their days. She explained, “To me, being a prefect means being a servant to God, but also being a servant to your student body. So you’re serving your student body but you’re also serving them in a way that is pleasing to God, to be an example to others. The little kids look up to the upperclassmen, so it is our responsibility to set the tone.”

When you think of the word prefect and what it means, in some schools it describes a senior student authorized to enforce discipline. Originated in Latin, the parent of many languages, the word refers to a person appointed to any one of various positions of command, authority, or superintendence.  So, what does that mean for our school? How are these student leaders truly setting the tone and leading the rest of the school?

Much like Daniel in the Old Testament, whose job was to be an ambassador for God in a foreign land, and to lead others to Him by example, the prefects at our school have a divine appointment. As we read Daniel 2:46, we can see Daniel’s incredible legacy, and perhaps begin to understand our prefects’ as well. “The king said to Daniel, ‘Surely your God is the God of gods and the Lord of kings and a revealer of mysteries, for you were able to reveal this mystery.’”

In the months to come, it will be interesting to see how God uses our student leaders in an extraordinary way by interpreting His message to others. So, stay tuned, as we see His plan unfold.