The Student News Site of The King's Academy

Roar

• March 29Where can you get a copy of Roar Magazine? Try either office or the library!

• March 29Come See Les Miserables March 31-April 1 and April 7-8!

• March 29Roar Magazine Issue 1 has launched! Pick up a copy today!

Filed under Student Life

A Nonstop Writer Gets Published

hailey_web-bestStephen King is without a doubt one of the most prolific American writers in history. However, teenagers can be prolific authors, too. One thing is to jot some ideas down, or even write a story or poem, but it’s another matter entirely to get your works self-published. That kind of determination and strive calls for admiration.

Enter Hailey George, a junior here at TKA who has written and published her own poetry. “I’ve enjoyed writing for as long as I can remember, and I got serious about it around three years ago,” she said.

George’s book, Beyond Words, is a short compilation of 26 poems, available for purchase on Amazon. When asked what motivated her to write and publish these poems, George cited her life-long love of writing and her desire to pursue it as a career. “I really wanted to get feedback on my work so I could improve it, to go forward with it hopefully as a career in the future,” she said.  Her writing draws from a plethora of themes and influences, both Christian and secular. She’s inspired by authors such as Ted Decker and JD Netto, but her two biggest inspirations are Stephen King and Edgar Allen Poe. George said that these authors have, “a very unique point of view and a voice that they have to share with us, and I find it, I guess inspiring, on how they’re able to present that and do it so beautifully.”

George is a nonstop writer, who aside from trying to get Beyond Words available on Kindle, she’s also working on at least three other unspecified projects, some nearer to completion than others. “Keep an eye out, if you follow me on any social media; I’ll have updates on that and I hope to be launching a website shortly and getting more work out there!”

Best of luck to this writer. The Roar Magazine wishes her nothing but the best in her writing career.

If you are a student writer wanting to submit your stories to Scription Lit Magazine, please use the form below. But before you do, be sure to follow our Submission Guidelines. Please note: although each submission will be considered by the editor, not all will be published.

Submit a Letter